When it came out I spent a couple hours in the bookstore reading through it (and all the small type on all the ads reprinted in it). Probably only a handful of copies made their way to Seattle and I should have bought a copy way back then. (US $55 at the time, as of this posting $174.95 + $3.99 shipping through Amazon)
Anyway, I thought I'd share what I picked up from reading the book. (and produce a few posts in the process.)
(More to come...)
- Get attention.
- Intrigue (relevantly) the reader.
- Single out the targets (problems, hopes, needs) ignore everyone else.
- Demonstrate product superiority if you can.
- Facts are more persuasive than empty claims (and a little humor helps with that.)
- Create a desire - a shortage helps.
- Give the product some creadability.
- Close the sale.